Follow us on Twitter! @FMPNHS
Welcome to Faversham Medical Practice
Welcome to the website for the merged former practices of Dr Logan & Partners and Cross Lane Medical Practice.
The surgery will be closed from 1pm on Wednesday 8th February 2017 for mandatory staff training. The surgery will be open again at 8am on Thursday 9th February 2017. Canterbury and Coastal Consortium Group have arranged out-of-hours GP cover for the afternoon which can be accessed by dialing 111.
The Minor Injury Unit will still be open from 8am-8pm every day and will be able to see any Minor Injuries or Minor Illness whilst the surgery is closed. This is open to all patients, whether you are registered with a Faversham GP or not.
When the practice is closed, please dial 111 if you;
- Need medical help fast, but it's not a 999 emergency
- Don't know who to call for medical help or don't have a GP
- Think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- Need health information or reassurance about what to do next.
- We are advertising for a new GP and Nurse/Paramedic Practitioner to join our team!
- We are still booking flu jabs. See reception to book in for one.
- We are pleased to announce our new Telephone System is now live. This system was put in place in direct response to comments and feedback from our patients and Patient Participation Group.
- We also have a new Check-In Screen installed, which allows patients to directly check-in to let us know they have arrived for their appointment.
- Our "Who's who" board near reception lets patients put a name to the face of our many staff members.
- New Television screens in both reception areas have been in place for a few months and have received good feedback from patients.
Faversham Minor Injuries Unit
The practice now runs the Minor Injuries Unit at the Faversham Health Centre. It is available to all patients both in and out of Faversham.
It is open from 8 AM till 8 PM 7 days a week, including Bank Holidays.
You can get help for any Minor Injuries, cuts, wounds, grazes, eye and ear injuries, bites, abscesses, falls, burns, sprains, strains and foreign bodies.
You can also get treatment for Minor Illnesses for problems like infections, rashes, coughs and colds when your GP surgery is closed.
Patients can get their X-Rays done at Faversham Health Centre between 10am-4pm Monday to Friday. Patients need to bring with them the forms provided by their GP and do not need to book an appointment.
Named GP-Please note that all patients in the practice are allocated to a Named GP. This is following guidelines from the Department of Health. Although it is preferable to try and maintain some continuity with seeing the same GP for an existing medical condition, this does not stop you from seeing any GP within the practice.
If you currently have a repeat medication on prescription, your named GP will be printed on your repeat medication order form. If you are still unsure as to whom your Named GP is, please ask at the reception desk, or speak to a GP/nurse at your next appointment.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and well-being whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the on-line features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Canterbury and Coastal Commissioning Consortium Group
Our local CCG is C4G. Their details are below:
Website link to our local commissioning consortium: http://www.canterburycoastalccg.nhs.uk/
Their Telephone Number is: 01227 791359
On-line Repeat Prescriptions
To order your repeat medications via Patient Services please follow the relevant link below. If you have not yet registered to use this service, please contact our reception deck to complete the registration process. You will need 2 forms of identification (one needs to be a photo identification such as a passport or driver's licence).
Please note our Practice ID is G82027
(Site updated 18/01/2017)