Clinics are held on Mondays and Thursdays for patients who have been transferred from secondary care.
By appointments for annual review, blood tests and updates.
Faversham Improved Access
We are offering limited Nursing, Health Care Assistant & GP appointments at the surgery between 8am-1pm every Saturday. These are only for pre-booked appointments and not walk in appointments. Please see here for more details
Lifestyle Advisor-One You
One You Lifestyle Advisors- formally known as Health Trainers.
- We offer free, confidential one-to-one support to help patients make positive lifestyle changes. We work in the most deprived areas of Kent to reduce health inequalities.
- We offer up to six free sessions of support, encouragement and practical assistance in local venues.
- We work with our clients to establish what changes they want to make, to develop a personalised behaviour change plan and to provide support and encouragement to enable them to achieve their goals.
- Issues we can help with include:
- accessing local services
- physical activity
- healthy eating
- healthy weight
- stopping smoking
- alcohol/drugs concerns
- reducing stress
- sexual health concerns.
- Referral criteria
- Health Trainers work mainly with clients aged 18-65, though we will accept referrals for over 65s if they would benefit from our service.
- We cannot accept referrals for patients who have unstable mental health conditions or who are not compliant with their medication regime.
- Please see your GP or speak to the receptionist to book in to see Mark who is available every Friday
NHS Health Checks
These are available from patients aged from 40-74 years old. They are run on a rolling 5 year timetable and you will need to be invited to attend. Times to suit.
KIMS Hospital now run some NHS and private Orthopaedic clinics at the practice. See here for more details.
Orthopaedic Triage Clinic
This clinics are run in conjunction with Kesson Physiotherapy for those patients with more complex orthopaedic problems. You would need to be booked in via your GP for this.
Respiratory Clinic (Asthma and COPD)
By appointment for annual review and updates.
Run by Kent County Council. The local pharmacies all run stop smoking services.
Please note that we no longer run in-house stop smoking clinics.
You can find other stop smoking services here
We no longer provide travel forms for completion. If you are travelling abroad, please follow steps below:
- Visit website www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk
- Click on DESTINATION and locate your travel destination(s)
- If you require any of the below NHS vaccines (free of charge) then print off the vaccination information and book an appointment to see the Practice Nurse 6-8 weeks prior to your departure. You will need to bring the printed off vaccination information to your appointment.
- Hepatitis A
- This is not required routinely for travellers. Should only be considered following a full risk assessment, for the following categories of traveller:
- Relief or disaster aid workers
- Persons with remote itineraries in areas where cholera epidemics are occurring and there is limited access to medical care
- Travellers to potential cholera risk areas, for whom vaccination is considered potentially beneficial
- If you require any other travel vaccinations not available on the NHS (such as Japanese Encephalitis, Tick-borne Encephalitis, Meningitis vaccine, Rabies, Tuberculosis and Yellow Fever), please visit a travel clinic or contact:
- Ashford Travel Clinic 01233 503666
- Boots 01227 470944
- BMI Chaucer Hospital (not children under 16yrs) 01227 825137
- Tankerton Pharmacy 01227 272336
Faversham Medical Practice is NO longer a Yellow Fever Centre